Sign in or
HTC Smartphone Questions
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions found on this forum. We are compiling them here in hopes that we can make the solutions easier to find.
If you have something that you would like to see added, start a thread on this page with all of the details and once it has been validated, it will be added.
I am unable to connect my HTC Device to Activesync (Win XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista). What should I do?
- Change your USB to PC Settings under Start>Settings>Connections Tab>USB to PC. Uncheck " enable advanced network functionality "
- Try a different USB port on your PC.
- Rule out Firewall/anti-virus software on your PC by disabling and retesting.
- Try a different Data Cable.
- Delete the device from Activesync and set up new partnership
- Remove Activesync from your PC and re-download from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/activesync45.msp
How do I access YouTube on my HTC Device.
- Please visit the "How to watch YouTube" page for details.
How do I set a custom ringtone on my device?
On most HTC devices, you can use the following formats as a custom ringtone: *.wma, *.mp3, *midi, *.rmi, *.amr, *.awb, *.m4a.
The first thing you need to do is add the file to your device.
Windows Mobile Device Center:
- Using WMDC, select "File Management" and "Browse the contents of your device".
- Open the "Application Data" folder.
- Locate and open the "Sounds" folder.
- Drop the file into the "Sounds" folder.
- To set the file as your tone, go to Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications Tab>Select file from drop down. Note: On the AT&T Tilt and later devices, the file will only be available for selection as long as it does not exceed the limit of 600k.
From and SD Card:
- On your device, go to Start>Programs>Tools>File Explorer.
- Locate the file.
- Highlight the file and tap Men>Edit>Copy.
- Navigate to and open the “Application Data” Folder.
- Open the “Sounds” folder.
- Tap Menu>Edit>Paste.
- To set the file as your tone, go to Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications Tab>Select file from drop down.
How do I set a custom alert for SMS, MMS, and email?
On most HTC devices, you can use a .wav file as a custom alert for SMS, MMS, and email.
- Loading the .wav file on your device using ActiveSync or WMDC: \
- n Activesync, click on "Explore". In WMDC, select "File Management" and "Browse the contents of your device".
- Click on "My Windows Mobile-Based Device".
- Click on "Windows". Note: If you do not see "Windows" listed, go to Tools>Folder Options>View Tab> and make sure that you have "Show Hidden Files and Folders" selected.
- Drag and drop the .wav file into the "Windows" folder.
- Setting the Alert:
- On the device, go to: Start>Settings>Sounds&Notifications>Notifications Tab.
- Select the option from the "Event" drop down.
- Select the .wav from the "Play Sound" drop down.
- Tap OK.
Latest page update: made by sina68
, Jan 7 2010, 9:50 AM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by sina68
- complete history)
Keyword tags: ActiveSync applications bluetooth cell phones faq Frequently Asked Questions smartphones
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|taklep||Business card reader||4||Dec 25 2012, 1:53 AM EST by BrucePregler|
Thread started: Sep 22 2009, 7:40 AM EDT Watch
I undertsnad that this application is available on the pro. How do I obtain this software for the Diamond2?
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
|cecdistrict||restore back my htc....?`||2||Jun 27 2012, 2:05 PM EDT by lovestoryer|
Thread started: Feb 4 2010, 4:03 AM EST Watch
I left my htc touch phone charging over night. It was not dead yet. The following morning, i wanted to access the phone, but it started up as if it had turned off, then it walked me through some steps, like to set the Date, the touch point, etc. Then when it finally loaded up, EVERYTHING from my phone had erased, and I dint have a memory card in it. All my info was stored in the phone. Is there any way I can recover all my info. Since this is a windows based program, is there a way to backup to a particular date as in the computers? Like to restore it back to when I had all my numbers, info, notes, etc.?
If anyone can give me some useful information, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for your time!
|satake66||HTC Sensation Video Converter - convert MKV/MOV/FLV to HTC Sensation.||0||Dec 31 2011, 1:11 AM EST by satake66|
Thread started: Dec 31 2011, 1:11 AM EST Watch
Tag: [url=http://www.phoenixsoftwares.com/drm-removal/article/htc-sensation-video-converter.html]Transfer video to HTC Sensation[/url] , [url=http://www.phoenixsoftwares.net/drm-removal/article/htc-sensation-video-converter.html]Download videos to HTC Sensation[/url], [url=http://www.aimersofts.com/drm-removal/article/htc-sensation-video-converter.html]HTC Sensation Converter[/url], MKV to HTC Sensation, AVCHD to HTC Sensation, MOV to HTC Sensation ,[color=blue][url=http://www.phoenixsoftwares.com][color=blue]DRM converter[/color] [/url] [/color],[color=blue][url=http://www.phoenixsoftwares.net][color=blue]DVD Ripper[/color] [/url] [/color],[color=blue][url=http://www.aimersofts.com][color=blue]Video Converter Ultimate[/color] [/url] [/color]
Showing 3 of 228 threads for this page - view all