Sign in or
What is Quick GPS?Quick GPS for Pocket PC version 1.00 (build 615.715) from the HTC Corporation is included in the Windows Mobile 6 build for the AT&T Tilt. Quick GPS can speed up the amount of time for determining a users GPS position by downloading the latest satellite information via an Internet Connection (such as GPRS, ActiveSync, etc). Quick GPS is intended for use in conjunction with Telenav but will provide the same experience if a customer is using another GPS Solution.
Note: in 2012 HTC denies (on service call) that Quick GPS is a HTC-product.
Using Quick GPS
- Go to Start>Programs>Tools>Quick GPS.
- Download time is the last time updated GPS Satellite information was downloaded to the device.
- Valid Time indicates how much time is left before another update is needed. Each download is valid for 7 days.
- To view Quick GPS download options, go to Menu>Options.
- Remind me when the data Expires: This option will prompt the user to manually download an update when the data is expired.
- Autodownload when data expires (Recommended): Enabling this option ensures that the information is always up to date without intervention from the user.
- Autodownload when connected to a PC via Activesync: This option requires that the device be connected to the PC and an active session of Activesync. The customer cannot use this option to update Quick GPS while away from their PC.
- Go to Start>Programs>Tools>Quick GPS.
- Tap on the Download tab for updated GPS satellite information even if the current download has not expired.
- Launch Telenav and the time it takes to determine the location should be shortenend.
- Connect device to PC via USB.
- Open Activesync and go to File>Connection Settings and ensure that "Allow wireless connection on device when connected to the desktop" is checked.
- Disable Proxy on the device by going to Start>Programs>Tools>Proxy Manager>Disable Proxy.
- Go to Start>Programs>Tools>Quick GPS and tap on Download.
- Once download is complete, have the user re-enable the Proxy (required for access to Media Net) by going to Start>Programs>Tools>Proxy Manager>Enable Proxy.
- Perform a Soft Reset by inserting the Stylus into the Reset hole located on the bottom of the device.
- If the Quick GPS application still will not open/launch, BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA AND THEN perform a Hard Reset by going to: Start>Settings>System Tab>Clear Storage.
- Enter “1234” into the text box and tap Yes.
- REMEMBER THIS HARD RESET WILL WIPE THE ENTIRE DEVICE AND RELOAD A FRESH OPERATING SYSTEM, SO BE SURE TO BACK UP ANY AND ALL DATA THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE.
- If the Quick GPS application still will not open/launch after the Hard Reset/Clear Storage, contact your carrier for a possible Warranty Exchange.
- You phone is broken, bring it in for repair
- Contact the company that has build QuickGPS
- The QuickGPS software can not be uninstalled
- You phone needs to be delivered for repair
Latest page update: made by AntonJ
, May 11 2012, 12:11 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
QuickGPS is a dead end street with HTC
94 words added
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|htc1959||quick gps is not up date||0||Feb 6 2010, 3:05 AM EST by htc1959|
|thirstylizard||QuickGPS stop working on my Tytn II (Tilt) (page: 1 2)||23||Nov 11 2009, 12:16 PM EST by livaloha|
Thread started: Dec 29 2007, 12:29 AM EST Watch
I have been downloading updates regularly but suddenly the error message "connection failed". Sometimes even it seems to be downloading files but it still cannot update the database. I have searched other forum and many people seems to have the same problem but no workable solution yet. Hope someone can come up with the cause and fix.
|vanr||NOT Available: Download / Purchase?||11||Oct 1 2009, 8:36 PM EDT by sheila114|
Thread started: Sep 17 2009, 10:52 PM EDT Watch
Telus does not include this Quick GPS on the Touch Pro 2. No link, not in windows folder, nor can you download it. Start>Program>Tools is also not available on this phone as described in the documentation. Hard reset also to no avail.
All download links from htcwiki have not worked, you will get a "not signed with a trusted certificate" error.
Do not bother wasting hours of time on the net searching, it is apparently NOT AVAILABLE.
3 out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?
Showing 3 of 14 threads for this page - view all