Sign in or
xSMS - Seamless SMS Encryption
A new app from www.myHairyDog.com[Source: Gartner, "Don't Use SMS for Confidential Information]
"The contents of SMS messages are known to the network operator's systems and personnel. Therefore, SMS is not an appropriate technology for secure communication. Most users do not realize how easy it may be to intercept."
Also, hardware to intercept GSM communications is readily available, and if you're texting to or from a foreign country, your data may not be as protected as you would expect.
The bottom line is that anything which is textually transmitted can be intercepted and read by a third party.
What about protection?
There is a way to render your SMS messages unreadable to everyone except the indended recipient - encrypt them, using the same level of encryption as on-line banking. Encrypt them before they leave your phone, and only decrypt them after they have been delivered to the recipient's phone.
All this is possible with Extended SMS - xSMS
- Fully integrated with the existing SMS functionality of Windows Mobile 5 and 6
- xSMS messages indicated in the Inbox with a "shield" icon
- Messages opened, replied to, forwarded and deleted in the usual way
- xSMS messages created by selecting New -> xSMS from the Inbox menu
- Specify a different encryption key for each message
- Keeps personal information personal
- Allows confidential data to be sent with confidence, with many commercial applications
- Makes message interception a futile excercise, as messages are illegible until successfully delivered and decrypted
- Allows xSMS messages to different recipients to be encrypted using different keys
Flaunt your textuality.
Latest page update: made by myHairyDog
, Sep 10 2009, 4:08 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by myHairyDog
25 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|tjkirgin||SMS Encryption||1||Sep 19 2010, 10:31 PM EDT by watti|
|aans||x sms||0||Oct 25 2009, 10:08 AM EDT by aans|
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page