Sign in or
Showing 3 posts
htc insire..sd card missing
May 31 2011, 5:32 PM EDTall of a sudden my phone has the message of :insert sd card...its not recognizing one. and i did not originally remove it. I reset sd card, powered off..still same...
now i cant access all of my photoes etc. help!!!! 1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
1. RE: htc insire..sd card missing
Jun 3 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
"all of a sudden my phone has the message of :insert sd card...its not recognizing one. and i did not originally remove it. I reset sd card, powered off..still same...the first SD card that came with my Inspire fried before I even got a chance to use it so it may be that your card went belly up. But all may not be lost... Try this:
You'll need a MicroSD card adapter (USB type works best) and the ability to plug it into your computer to read it.
Make sure the phone has recognized it and actually "Mounted" it. Then...
1. "Unmount" your SD Card from the "Storage and Memory" settings of your phone.
2. Remove the SD card by pressing it inward and releasing, until it pops out enought to grab and remove. (Read Manual if you're not sure how to do this)
3. place it in the Adapter (USB or SD Card adapter) and plug it into your computer.
At this point ...
If your PC cannot even read the card or if the PC recognizes it but doesn't see it's size as 8Gb then i'm afraid the card is toast. Sorrry about that. If the phone is new you can call AT&T or whomever you bought it through and they will send you a new one for Free BUT!!! you will have to send the old SD card back or they will charge you for the new one.
Assuming the card is good...If your PC recognizes it and it showes up as "Removable Storage" and some drive letter e.g. (f:\ ), then you might be able to still read from it and Copy all the files from it to your PC.
If you can see all the files and folders when you click on the SD card, that now shows up as another Drive, go ahead and copy them to your computer - Make a folder on your PC (the desktop is fine) give it name, and copy everything from the card to this folder for now.
Continued in next reply:(i hit the 2000 char limit)
Do you find this valuable?
2. RE: htc insire..sd card missing
Jun 3 2011, 1:26 PM EDTThis next part is VERY IMPORTANT!! Read it carefully!!!
After you coppied everything off of the SD card you must do a "Safe Removal" from windows.
1. double click on "My Computer" to you will see all of your systems Drives in the window that opens.
2. find the Drive that windows assigned to your SD card -- it will be some drive letter like E:, F:, G: ... etc and it should be labeled as "Removable Storage" or "Removable Media"
3. Right click on it and select "Eject" from the menu that appears. (it doesn't phisically eject it only thinks it did) and it will disapear from the window.
4. go to your Start bar at the bottom of your screen - look to the Icons on the right.
5. Click on the icon that looks like either a tiny USB plug with a green check mark (Vista) or a tiny SDcard with a green arrow (windows XP) - when you put your mouse pointer on it the words "Safely Remove Hardware" will pop up.
6. Click on this and hold the mouse button down - A list of removable devices will show up. select the removable storage device that is your SD card from this list to remove it.
The words "your hardware is now safe to remove" will popup.
7. Remove the SD card from the PC and replace it back into your Phone. The phone should recognize the card and Mount it. If your pictures are back them your in good shape.
If not.. go to step 8
8. if the card is mounted and you still see no files, AND the phone recognizes it as an 8GB memory card -- Then format the card from the phones "Storage and Memory" manager and see if it will mount it correctly after that. If not... the SDcard or the Phone is bad and you will have to try another SDcard to figure out which one is broken.
2 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?